Thursday, October 30, 2014

Jonathan Safran Foer Reaction Webinar

1). I think why people do not think through about the things that we eat is mainly because the food we eat was delicious. Another reason is probably because you have an empty stomach and you could technically easy anything that will satisfy your stomach. From my point of view I watch everything I eat whether it's junk food to healthy food. For example, two years ago I was at my friend house and I ate tacos and I thought it was delicious, but I didn't know it was cow tongue. After I found or about that I will never eat cow tongue.

2). I think it is good and bad that we have more food choices due to some food choices could be fake and unhealthy, for example chicken nuggets from McDonald's. It is also good that we have different food choices because we can substitute the unhealthy food for healthy food.

3). The thing that shocked me the most from "A Case of Eating dogs" is that forty-four state allows people eat dogs. I do think Foer makes a valid argument.

4). Yes I do agree with Foer that, "some animals are more equal than others." For example, pigs, cows, and cattles are slaughtered more than cats and dogs. Yes those animals are farm animals, but horses are not slaughtered.

5). I think that some cultures eat doc for good luck or because of their belief. Also, maybe because they like the taste of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment