Thursday, May 28, 2015

Chapter 12 Journal

I was a bit disappointed about the end of the novel due to the fact that the author spent every detail to describe Ralph's hiding from the savages and then all of a sudden the boys get rescued. I thought that Golding should have at least included in the end if the Jack, Roger and the other savaged boys ever captured or tortured Ralph.
I think that Ralph cried when at the end of the novel when they got rescued because he felt the relief. It's that feeling when you were little and you got lost in a big place with a lot of people like Disney Land, but you wanted to stay strong to find your parents and then when you find them you just burst into tears. I thought Ralph crying after they were found and rescued was a similar situation to my example because Ralph was the lost kid who wanted to stay strong and find rescue or "his parents" and when he was found he let a happy cry out.
I would actually recommend this book to a friend specifically my age because I would not want my younger siblings to read this book and act like one of the savages.

No comments:

Post a Comment