Sunday, November 16, 2014

Literature Analysis- The Memory Keeper's Daughter

Part I: The book The Memory Keeper's Daughter written by Kim Edwards is about a married couple who had fraternal twins, but the girl had down syndrome and so the father, David, gave orders to the nurse, Caroline, to take the baby girl away. David had told his wife, Norah, their baby boy, Paul, was the only one to survive. Caroline bring such a kind hearted person did not want to leave the baby girl at a care place, so she kept the baby as het own and named her Pheobe. As Pheobe grew up she finally found out about her real parents and her fraternal twin brother. Caroline brought her to Norah, and she was shocked, but after David died of heart attack them three, Norah, Paul, and Pheobe lived together to catch up.

Part II: The main theme of this novel was think before you act because it will affect your future. I believe that the author chose this topic due to the possibility she was a child with sickness and was declined from the family of she might have been a mother of a special needs kid. I also believe that Edwards chose the father to decline the cold because maybe her father declined her or maybe because a newly father might have gotten scared.

Part III: I think the protagonist is dynamic braid she changes when she found out about her real parents. The protagonist is also round because she is always happy. David is another main character of the story because he is the father of Pheobe, the main character.

Part IV: The nurse symbolized the child's savior because Caroline basically rescues Pheobe from living in the care house and not ever knowing her real parents. I believe it reveals that that family of Pheobe did not know she exists except for the father.

Part V: I chose this book because I was suppose to read this book for my first assignment, but I got lazy and read The Giver that is how I came to read this book, The Memory Keeper's Daughter. What made me keep reading was when I found out that father gave away a special needs child.

Part VI: I can connect when David and Norah had babies to my cousin just had her baby. I can also connect my dad taking on a struggling kid to Caroline taking in a Pheobe with be in.

Part VII: The thing I will always remember is to take in a special needs kid when I get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment